The Association of Florida Colleges, Inc. is the professional association of Florida's 28 public member institutions of the Florida College System, their boards, employees, retirees and associates, and the employees of the Division of Florida Colleges. The mission of the Association is to actively promote, represent, and support members and institutions as they provide their students and the citizens of Florida with a world-class college system.
The Association is guided by Bylaws and organized through a network of College Chapters, Commissions, and Regions. The AFC is governed by an Executive Committee and a Board of Directors. A full-time staff of six administers the day-to-day operations, maintains membership records and coordinates communications and professional development opportunities.
- Professional Growth and Development
- Develop and support professional development, education, and leadership opportunities of the Association members.
- Advocate for policies, budgets and programs on behalf of the Association's institutional and individual members.
- Communicate public policy and legislative issues, and engage in cooperative research activities related to those issues.
- Increase public awareness of the mission, purpose, and accomplishments of the Florida College System.
- Showcase and reward exemplary programs, practices, activities, and individuals.
- Enhance, encourage, and facilitate communication, cooperation, professionalism, and camaraderie among individual Association members.
- Promote membership development and services that ensure an active and vital Association.
- Maintain a fiscally sound organization that is efficiently and effectively managed.
- Provide opportunities for and engage in services to benefit the external community.