AFC SPEAKERS BUREAU
The Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) Speakers Bureau brings you educated and motivational subject matters experts, business speakers and keynote presenters. If you’re looking for cutting edge education or leadership speakers who will inspire your commission, region, or chapter groups, college or campus employees, or to engage a crowd, the AFC Speakers Bureau has you covered.
We represent the Florida College System members of the Association of Florida Colleges most sought-after speakers. Speakers present on a variety of topics that are sure to meet your professional development and entertainment needs. Experienced speakers are able to offer valuable insights and fresh ideas that contribute to the overall success of your event. They will wow your audience and elevate your programs to the next level. View our list of vetted qualified speakers to find the perfect person for your event.
SPEAKER CRITERIA AND APPLICATION
The Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) Speakers Bureau connects audiences with speakers who can knowledgeably and dynamically present topics relevant to Florida colleges. In addition, speakers introduce and promote AFC and its educational and professional goals to their audiences. AFC greatly appreciates speakers contributions toward the achievement of our goals and in expanding AFC outreach. In order to be considered for the Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) Speakers Bureau, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a current member of AFC in good standing.
2. Have demonstrated expertise in a topic, field of study, area or discipline as it relates to one of the AFC's board approved Commissions:
- Campus Safety
- Career and Professional Employees
- Communications and Marketing
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Healthcare Education
- Institutional Effectiveness, Planning and Professional Development
- Learning Resources
- Student Development
- Workforce, Adult and Continuing Education
3. Submit a resume or curriculum vitae that demonstrates two or more of the following:
- Teaching experience
- Specialty experience
- Leadership experience
- Field experience
- Clinical experience
- Research experience
- Industry experience in field
- Presentation experience
4. Potential speakers must submit the contact information for at least two referrals for whom they have completed presentations.
5. All members of the speakers bureau must complete the speaker agreement.
The AFC Speakers Bureau is provided as a service to AFC member institutions as a referral service. As a member of the speakers bureau, we ask that members not require a fee for presentation opportunities that arise as a result of this service.
Ready to apply? Login with your AFC member credentials and fill out the application.
The services of the AFC Speakers Bureau are available to the 28 Florida Colleges within the Florida College System and its AFC members within the state of Florida. A minimum audience size of 15 people is recommended due to the significant time speakers pledge to each event, however, any audience size will be considered.
Responsibilities of the Requestor
1. Communicate with the Speaker
- Once a speaker is confirmed for an event, the host of the event or designee should discuss the following items with the speaker as soon as possible:
- Anticipated audience size and demographics
- The goals for the event
- Directions to the event location
- An emergency number the speaker can reach someone on the day of event
- Audio/visual needs
- Evaluations - Speaker evaluations are critical to sustaining quality programming. They should be available after each session.
- Press Release: Once a speaker is confirmed, the requesting group should begin publicity for the event. Coordinate with any partnering organizations and seek out local media (if applicable), and community calendars and bulletin boards to publicize your event (if applicable). Please give the AFC Speakers Bureau credit in any publicity.
- Build and Engage an Audience: Engage staff, volunteers and constituents in the planning and publicity. The more people engaged in the planning and publicity, the broader the reach for developing an audience. Again, because of the significant time speakers pledge to each event, we suggest that the event should have a minimum audience size of 15 attendees.
- Plan: Have a communications plan for cancellations. If you must cancel or reschedule an event because of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstance, please notify the speaker, the AFC Speakers Bureau, any media outlets to whom you have sent information as soon as possible.