- What We Do
- Executive Board
- Meeting Minutes
- Awards and Recognition
Administration: What We Do
- Promote Administration Programs throughout the regions and statewide
- Share Ideas and enhance professional development by offering conferences, workshops and training on current trends in administration.
- Discuss common administrative/leadership conflicts and concerns
- Gather data and conduct surveys relative to various local and state meetings
- Coordinate activities and collaborate with other commissions
- Acknowledge administrative best practices through Exemplary Practice Awards competition
- Recognize leaders who are considered exceptionally effective and active in the local AFC chapter and across the state through special service awards
- Provide a pathway for the exchange of leadership ideas and updates about regional activities through the publication of an bi-annual newsletter.
- Provide a network of administrative leaders across the state through the AFC website
Chair: Xiao Wang, Broward College
Chair-Elect: Brenda Rante, Indian River State College
Secretary: Jayme Rothberg, Pasco-Hernando State College
Treasurer: Jametoria Burton, Florida State College at Jacksonville
Public Relations: TBD
Legislative Liaison: TBD
The nomination period for the Leadership Excellence of the Year Award is now open though July 31, 2016. Click here to see criteria and download the nomination form.
Harvard Business Review- Skills of An Effective Administrator
FORBES-Top 10 Qualities That Make A Great Leader
INC.- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders
FORBES-10 Communication Secrets of Great Leaders
Visit and join the Administration Commission Online Community to check out links to past articles.
Recognizing the need to establish procedures and guidelines as they reflect the rights, responsibilities, and objectives of its membership, the Administration Commission hereby adopts these Bylaws:
Administration Commission Bylaws - Revised 2014
January 22, 2015
The Administration Commission Newsletter is published electronically two times a year in June and December.
August 2014 - Special Edition
Awards and Recognition
Leadership Excellence of the Year Award:
2016 Leadership Excellence Award Criteria/Flyer (PDF)
2016 Leadership Excellence Award Nomination Form (Word)
Nominations are due by July 31, 2016