The Administration Commission represents the interests of administrative and business affairs staff.
WHAT WE DO
- Promote Administration Programs throughout the regions and statewide
- Share Ideas and enhance professional development by offering conferences, workshops and training on current trends in administration.
- Discuss common administrative/leadership conflicts and concerns
- Gather data and conduct surveys relative to various local and state meetings
- Coordinate activities and collaborate with other commissions
- Acknowledge administrative best practices through Exemplary Practice Awards competition
- Recognize leaders who are considered exceptionally effective and active in the local AFC chapter and across the state through special service awards
- Provide a pathway for the exchange of leadership ideas and updates about regional activities through the publication of an bi-annual newsletter.
- Provide a network of administrative leaders across the state through the AFC website
Welcome - A Message from the 2017 Chair
Brenda Rante, Indian River State College
2017 Administration Commission Chair
- Executive Board
- Meeting Minutes
- Awards and Recognition
- Social Media - Get Connected
2017 EXECUTIVE BOARD
Chair: Brenda Rante, Indian River State College, eMail: email@example.com; Phone: 772-462-7967
Chair-Elect: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Immediate Past Chair: Xiao Wang, Broward College, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 954-201-6515
Secretary: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Treasurer: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Public Relations: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Legislative Liaison: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
The nomination period for the Leadership Excellence of the Year Award will open soon. Check back for criteria and the nomination form.
The Administration Commission Newsletter is published electronically two times a year in June and December.
August 2014 - Special Edition
Recognizing the need to establish procedures and guidelines as they reflect the rights, responsibilities, and objectives of its membership, the Administration Commission hereby adopts these Bylaws and Standing Rules:
Bylaws (Revised 2014)
January 22, 2015
March 25, 2014
February 18, 2014
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Leadership Excellence of the Year Award:
2017 Leadership Excellence Award Criteria Flyer (PDF)
2017 Leadership Excellence Award Nomination Form (Word)
Nominations are due by July 31, 2017
2017 AWARD WINNER
Harvard Business Review- Skills of An Effective Administrator
FORBES-Top 10 Qualities That Make A Great Leader
INC.- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders
FORBES-10 Communication Secrets of Great Leaders
SOCIAL MEDIA - GET CONNECTED
AFC Connections is our private interactive forum. Within this forum, we have the Administration Commission Community. Please join the community and connect with us today!
How to Join the Administration Commission Community:
- Visit http://www.myafchome.org and click the login button.
- Click on the 'My Profile' link.
- Click on 'My Features' and select "Circles" - All Circles.
- Scroll down to the administration commission community and select it.
- Look to the upper right corner of the page and select 'join circle.'
OR Click on the plug to be taken to the Administration Commission Community and then log on to the website and then click Join Circle:
If you have an issue logging on to the site, first try clicking on the forgot my username AND the forgot my password links. Forgot my username will send you an email with your correct username. Forgot my password will send you a link to reset your password.
If your email address is not found on file, please send a message to email@example.com and a staff member will contact you.