The mission of the Retirees Committee is to represent the interests of Florida College System retirees.
WHAT WE DO / WHO WE ARE
As retirees, we have a wealth of wisdom and experience gained through our many years of involvement and exposure during active employment. The following is a listing of objectives to pave the way:
- Provide fellowship opportunities for retirees at association events, focusing especially on Annual Conference.
- Establish opportunities for recognition of retirees at the chapter, and statewide levels.
- Organize to support legislative issues undertaken by the association of Florida College’s Legislative Committee as needed.
- Organize retirees for mentoring and resource-sharing as needed by chapters, districts and statewide.
- Submit a list to the association of those retirees who should be recognized at Annual Conference as they move into this category.
- Include retirees in more visible ways in their planning and activities.
Welcome - A Message from the 2017 Chair
Sheryl Peterson, St. Petersburg College
2017 Retirees Committee Chair
- Committee Members
- Mentoring Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Social Media - Get Connected
2017 COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Chair: Sheryl Peterson, St. Petersburg College, eMail: email@example.com; Phone: 727-397-0547
Chair-Elect: Kathleen Lazarus, Daytona State College, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 386-672-9631
Secretary: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Treasurer: TBA, State College, eMail: TBA; Phone: XXX-XXX-XXX
Immediate Past Chair: Barbara Cohen-Pippin, Broward College, eMail: email@example.com Phone:
Information about upcoming conferences, exemplary practice, and special contests will be posted here. Check back throughout the year for updates.
If you are retired or planning to retire and would like to be a “Go to” person and share your expertise as a retiree mentor with your fellow colleagues, please print, fill out, and return the following form to Sheryl Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retiree Mentoring Information Form (PDF)
Retiree Mentoring Information Form (WORD)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1: What is the difference between a Community Circle and a Webpage?
- A community circle is part of the AFC private online community, AFC Connections. It is used to connect with colleagues, post announcements and photos, and share information and best practices. You must be a member of AFC in order to be an active participant. It is a private interactive forum.
- A webpage is a controlled and public setting where you can reach a wide audience. Only the webmaster may post information via an established template.
For answers to other frequently asked questions, visit the AFC FAQ page: http://www.myafchome.org/frequently-asked-questions
SOCIAL MEDIA - GET CONNECTED
AFC Connections is our private interactive forum. Within this forum, we have the Retirees Committee Community. Please join the community and connect with us today!
How to Join the Retirees Committee Community:
- Visit http://www.myafchome.org and click the login button.
- Click on the 'My Profile' link.
- Click on 'My Features' and select "Circles" - All Circles.
- Scroll down to the retirees committee community and select it.
- Look to the upper right corner of the page and select 'join circle.'
OR Click on the plug to be taken to the Retirees Committee Community and then log on to the website and then click Join Circle:
If you have an issue logging on to the site, first try clicking on the forgot my username AND the forgot my password links. Forgot my username will send you an email with your correct username. Forgot my password will send you a link to reset your password.
If your email address is not found on file, please send a message to email@example.com and a staff member will contact you.