As long as man has been on earth, the need to be with others with similar interests and the desire to learn have raced through the veins of humankind. It is for those reasons that associations have existed and flourished and continue to be an important part of the world’s fabric.
So it is with AFC. The opportunity to network with those who have similar interests, job responsibilities and geography make this association click. But, there is a lot more to AFC.
Imagine a place where you can turn for professional development, friendship and answers to tough questions. Think of being given the opportunity to not only read and talk about the legislative process, but having the chance to actually impact the results. Consider getting involved in a group that offers you unlimited ways to be a leader, learn new skills and be recognized by your peers for your efforts.
From education to chapter activities, in groups like our commissions to our councils, and with organized and effective advocacy in Tallahassee, the Association of Florida Colleges is the home for every community and state college professional in Florida.
Please join us and help make a difference!
Benefits of Belonging:
- Professional development: Develop skills in leadership, public speaking, advocacy, team work and interpersonal relationships.
- Access to information on issues and programs that affect higher education, the state college system, and you.
- Opportunities to attend workshops and conferences learning new skills and knowledge.
- Opportunities to apply for AFC partnership scholarships and grants to continue your education.
- Connections with colleagues both at your college and colleges around the state.
- A voice in issues that affect your college and you as a college employee or retiree. Attend AFC meetings, ask questions and voice your opinion on issues that impact you, your institution, and your students.
- Collaboration in advocacy efforts: You directly benefit from the advocacy strengths of the Association.
- Lifelong friendships with others having the same interests.
- Opportunities to help others through local and statewide service projects.
Nine classes of membership are established — Regular, Institutional, Affiliate, Associate, Retiree, Life, Adjunct Faculty/Part-time Employee, Contributing, and Honorary Life.
- Regular membership is open to any full time college employee, full time employee of the Florida Virtual College (FVC), or to any full time employee of the Division of Florida Colleges (DFC).
- Institutional membership is open to any Florida College System institution.
- Affiliate membership is open to institutions and organizations external to the Florida College System, whose activities are recognized by the Board of Directors as being closely related to the functions and purposes of the colleges. Regular and associate memberships are not a prerequisite for members of affiliated organizations.
- Associate membership is open to individuals whose professional or educational activities are closely related to the functions and purposes of the Association and to any individual who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, exhibits interest in supporting the aims and activities of the Association.
- Retiree membership is open to any person who has retired from a Florida College System institution, the Florida Virtual College, or the Division of Florida Colleges.
- Life membership is available to regular and retiree members.
- Adjunct Faculty or Part-time Employee membership is open to any person who is employed less than full-time in an instructional, administrative or support position at a Florida College System institution, the Florida Virtual Campus, or the Division of Florida Colleges.
- Contributing membership is conferred automatically for the Chief Executive Officer, Associate Executive Director and any member of a District Board of Trustees whose college holds institutional membership in the Association.
- Honorary Life membership is conferred on those persons who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, have made an outstanding contribution to the colleges and/or the Association. Recipients for Honorary Life memberships are recommended by the Awards Committee.
- Regular Membership Dues: The Board of Directors shall establish, and the Assembly of Delegates shall ratify the annual Regular membership dues. Annual dues for Regular members shall be as follows:
- Annual earnings less than $30,000 - $35.00
- Annual earnings equal to or greater than $30,000 but less than $75,000 - $45.00
- Annual earnings equal to or greater than $75,000 but less than $100,000 - $55.00
- Annual earnings equal to or greater than $100,000 - $70.00
- College presidents’ dues - $275.00
- Associate Membership Dues: Associate dues shall be $100.00
- Institutional Membership Dues: Institutional dues shall be established by a formula approved by the Council of Presidents, with the respectively calculated college dues amounts ratified annually by the Board of Directors
- Affiliate Membership Dues: Affiliate membership dues shall be established by the Board of Directors. Contact the State Office for current Affiliate membership dues rates
- Contributing Membership Dues: In recognition of their service to Florida’s colleges, there shall be no dues charged to persons who are contributing members
- Retiree Membership Dues: Annual dues for retired members shall be $10 per year
- Life Membership Dues: Dues for full-time individual members desiring Life membership shall be equivalent to ten (10) times the current individual annual dues remitted to the Association prior to June 30 during any membership year. Dues for retired members desiring Life membership shall be equivalent to five (5) times the current retiree annual dues established by the Association prior to June 30 during any membership year
- Honorary Life Membership Dues: Honorary Life members shall be exempt from paying dues
- Adjunct Faculty and Part-time Employee Membership Dues: Annual dues for adjunct faculty and part-time employees shall be $10 per year
Join AFC Today!