Florida College Professional Certificate
WHAT IS THE CCP?
The Certified College Professional (CCP) Program provides the Florida College Professional Certificate. The content provides AFC members with the opportunity to earn a leadership designation related to their work as a college professional, and experience they may not be able to obtain elsewhere.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW IF I AM CONSIDERING EARNING THE FLORIDA COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE?
If you are considering earning the Florida College Professional Certificate (FCPC), please keep in mind the following criteria that you must meet before applying:
- You are employed full-time, part-time, or as adjunct faculty employee by an institution within the Florida College System or related organization for at least one year.
- If you are a member of the AFC, you are a member in good standing.
- You are committed to upholding the AFC Certified College Professional "Standards of Conduct".
- Your college president will support your effort to earn the FCPC, if your tuition payment will be paid by your institution.
Regardless of your academic background and professional experience, the FCPC certificate can set you apart from the rest of your colleagues and go a long way to advancing your career in the Florida College System. If the above criteria applies to you, then earning the FCPC certificate may be a good decision.
THE CERTIFIED COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM PRINCIPLES
- The FCPC is a designation recognized by the institutions within the Florida College System.
- The FCPC promotes individual professional skills, as well as knowledge of the Florida College System.
- The FCPC enhances an individual’s resume which may lead to opportunities for advancement.
- The FCPC provides opportunities for candidates to learn aspects of the Florida College System they may not be exposed to in their day-to-day work environment.
- The FCPC provides an option through which colleges motivate and reward employees.
- The FCPC enhances the AFC’s role in the professional development of its members.
THE FOUR CORE DOMAINS OF THE FLORIDA COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
- Practical Application of Leadership Skills
- Effective Communication – Interpersonal Skills
- Legislative Process and Advocacy
- General knowledge of the legislative process and how it impacts the colleges within the Florida College System
- Keys to advocacy
- The Florida College System legislative budget process
- The Florida College System
- The Florida College System
- The History of the Florida College System
- The state and the local budget process
- Local governance - the District Board of Trustees
- Building Community and Customer Service
- The role of a college employee in the college community
- Internal and external customers
COST AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The application fee to apply is $200.00 for AFC members and $425.00 for non-members and may be paid online via check or credit card. Participants may also mail in a check for payment.
To learn more about the Florida College Professional Certificate and to apply, click the "I'm Ready to Apply!" button. You do not need to create an account to apply. Once on the FCPC website, just click "apply here" on the left-hand side of the web page.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THE FCPC WEBSITE
Once accepted into the program, you will be required to create an account in order to access the information. This is not your AFC membership username and password. See the image below:
PRINTABLE FACT SHEET
Certified College Professional Fact Sheet
Updated by webmaster 3/30/17