Certified College Professional Program
WHAT IS THE CCP?
The Certified College Professional (CCP) Program provides AFC members with the opportunity to earn a certificate related to their work as a college professional, and expose them to content and experience they may not be able to obtain elsewhere. The CCP program provides significant value-added benefits for membership in the AFC and enhances the AFC's role as the primary professional development provider for the Florida College System.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW IF I AM CONSIDERING EARNING THE FLORIDA COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE?
If you are considering earning the Association of Florida Colleges Certified College Professional (CCP) Florida College Professional Certificate, please keep in mind the following initial criteria that you must meet before applying:
- You are employed full-time, part-time, or as adjunct faculty employee by an institution within the Florida College System or related organization for at least one year.
- If you are a member of AFC, you are a member in good standing.
- You are committed to upholding the AFC Certified College Professional "Standards of Conduct"
- Your college president will support your effort to earn the CCP, if your tuition payment will be paid by your institution.
Regardless of your academic background and professional experience, the CCP certificate can set you apart from the rest of your colleagues and go a long way to advancing your career in the Florida College System. If the above criteria applies to you, then earning the CCP certificate may be a good decision.
THE CERTIFIED COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM PRINCIPLES
- The CCP is a certificate recognized by the institutions within the Florida College System.
- The CCP promotes individual professional skills, as well as knowledge of the Florida College System.
- The CCP enhances an individual’s resume which may lead to opportunities for advancement.
- The CCP provides opportunities for candidates to learn aspects of the Florida College System they may not be exposed to in their day-to-day work environment.
- The CCP provides an option through which colleges motivate and reward employees.
- The CCP enhances the AFC’s role in the professional development of its members.
THE FOUR CORE DOMAINS OF THE CERTIFIED COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
- Practical Application of Leadership Skills
- Effective Communication – Interpersonal Skills
- Legislative Process and Advocacy
- General knowledge of the legislative process and how it impacts the colleges within the Florida College System
- Keys to advocacy
- The Florida College System legislative budget process
- The Florida College System
- The Florida College System
- The history of the system
- The state and the local budget process
- Local governance - the District Board of Trustees
- Building Community and Customer Service
- The role of a community college employee in their college community
- Internal and external customers
COST AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The application fee to apply is $150.00 for AFC members and $375.00 for non-member and may be paid online via check or credit card. Participants may also mail in a check for payment.
To learn more about the Association of Florida Colleges Certified College Professional Program and to apply, click the "I'm Ready to Apply!" button.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THE CCP WEBSITE
You will be required to create an account on the CCP site in order to access the information. This is not your AFC membership username and password. See image below:
PRINTABLE FACT SHEET
Certified College Professional Fact Sheet
Updated by webmaster 8/4/15