Certified College Professional Program
WHAT IS THE CCP?
The Certified College Professional (CCP) Program will provide AFC member with the opportunity to earn a designation related to their work as a college professional, and expose them to content and experience they may not be able to obtain elsewhere. The CCP program provides significant value-added benefits for membership in the AFC and enhances the AFC's role as the primary professional development provider for the Florida College System.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW IF I AM CONSIDERING EARNING THE CCP DESIGNATION?
If you are considering earning the Association of Florida Colleges Certified College Professional (CCP) designation, please keep in mind the following initial criteria that you must meet before applying:
- You have been a member of the Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) for at least one year
- You have been employed full-time by a Florida College System institution for at least 3 years, and you have at least one year of experience in your current position at the college
- You are committed to upholding the AFC Certified College Professional "Standards of Conduct"
- Your college president will support your effort to earn the CCP
Regardless of your academic background and professional experience, the CCP designation can set you apart from the rest of your colleagues and go a long way to advancing your career in the Florida College System. If the above criteria applies to you, then earning the CCP designation may be a good decision.
THE CERTIFIED COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM PRINCIPLES
- The CCP will be a portable designation recognized by the institutions within the Florida College System.
- The CCP will promote individual professional skills, as well as knowledge of the Florida College System.
- The CCP will enhance an individual’s resume which may lead to opportunities for advancement.
- The CCP will provide opportunities for candidates to learn aspects of the Florida College System they may not be exposed to in their day-to-day work environment.
- The CCP may provide an option through which colleges motivate and reward employees.
- The CCP enhances the AFC’s role in the professional development of its members.
THE FOUR CORE DOMAINS OF THE CERTIFIED COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
- Practical Application of Leadership Skills
- Effective Communication – Interpersonal Skills
- Legislative Process and Advocacy
- General knowledge of the legislative process and how it impacts the colleges within the Florida College System
- Keys to advocacy
- The Florida College System legislative budget process
- The Florida College System
- The Florida College System
- The history of the system
- The state and the local budget process
- Local governance - the District Board of Trustees
- Building Community and Customer Service
- The role of a community college employee in their college community
- Internal and external customers
COST AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The application fee to apply is $150.00 and may be paid online via check or credit card. Participants may also mail in a check for payment.
To learn more about the Association of Florida Colleges Certified College Professional Program and to apply, click "Yes" if you are a member of AFC. (You will be required to log in using your AFC username and password. If you have forgotten it or not received it previously, please send an email to email@example.com to request your information).
If you are not a current member of AFC, click "No" to join AFC now. You can apply next year to participate in the program.
PRINTABLE FACT SHEET
Certified College Professional Fact Sheet